Thursday 3 December 2009

On the 3rd I started on my walk along the Abel Tasman coast trek...
Plan was to go outwards in 2 days and then back over the inland trek within 4 days or so.
As the weather on the first day was pretty cappy (just gray in gray the whole day), was perfect on the 2nd, but hen should be raining for the next days I spontaniously decided to stay in Totaranui rather the going on to Whariwharanghi Hut (I hope it's at least spelled almost right :) ).
Pitched my tent ~5m away from the beach with little way down there right before my "front door".
Was a beautiful sunset at the beach, with almost nobody around (don't to be here in high season with 900 other tent around here!).
On the next day it just worked out perfectly to dry out the tent, pack everything together before it statred to rain again.
Arranged a water taxi back to Marahau and chatted with two Americans I met the evening before.
Having a look at the Abel Tas from the seaside was absolutely worth the 50$ even in pretty heavy rain.
All in all was it a nice trek that was a bit too tourity for me.
Would like to do it a 2nd time nevertheless, but then with more time (for example to stay at least a night in the Floating Backpacker in Anchorage ;) )
We'll see if it works out finally...
































































































































No comments: