Wednesday 23 June 2010

Wanaka - Rocky Mountain Summit

21.04.2010

Rocky Mountain summit (just above Diamond Lake) once more :)

Clemence texted me she'd be on her way up and would fly down soon, so I hitched a ride outwards and went up within 30mins (jiippiiee some sport!!!) to take some pics of the preps, start and flight.

That must be sooooooo great to just walk up a mountain with the paraglider in your pack and fly down later rather then walking the same way back down. Another thing for my to do list: Paragliding course! :) Wanted to do that already anyway...

I stayed up there then for least another hour, simply doing nothing but enjoying the sun and the views. Nice day!! :)


searching for the right spot to launch...



the wind came from the wrong side so finally no way to avoid the cliff that is in this direction...




making sure all the lines are at the place they have to be...


smile in the camera... *thanks* ;)


and just fly away... soooooo jealous!!!!! ;)



out of fortune I found an even nicer reflection spot on the other lake side on my way back




that made it up for me to have missed out on Lake Mathews in Fox :)





No comments: