Thursday 17 June 2010

Punakaiki - Hokitika

01.02.2010

On the 1st of Feb I finally moved out of Punakaiki and followed the west coast road to Hokitika

lovely road along the seaside...


...with lots of little hills to keep it interesting and keep the legs busy :)


1st view of the mountains *jiippiiiee*, this is what I'm heading to :)


...but at the moment it only seems so near thanks to the good zoom of my cam... ;)



during a long, straight, even (there for booooooring) stretch of road, things like that are more then welcome


after I pitched my tent on a recommended campsite in Hokitika, I headed for the town itself and its beach and found that standing round. *hmmmm tattoo....* ;)


the whole town seems to meet down by the beach




remains from the driftwood festival that took place last few weeks. Missed it by few days I found out :(



No comments: