Thursday 17 June 2010

Westport - Punakaiki

20.01.2010


The weather forecast said it would rain and as I quite liked the location of Carter Beach I decided to just sleep in and decide spontaneously if I move on to Punakaiki or stay for a 2nd night here on the campsite.

It started to rain a bit in the morning, but then stopped again round 11. I took that as a sign to move on and was on the bike at 12 to go for only 50kms to the Beach Hostel that several people already recommended during my time in the Golden Bay.

Was a lovely bit of road, mostly directly next to the sea, if only the shifting between my gears was working properly....

Without the low gears working (just couldn't shift into them...) all those little hills got more and more challenging.


Just lovely to get to a beach like this directly besides the road with 70km/h :)


this is what I expected the west coast to look like






had to wait for quite some time till one of the seagulls around, was so nice to be at least close to the spot I wanted it to be in for the photo



No comments: